Friday, January 22, 2010

Royal icing..at last

I always wonder how to make purely snowy white cream. I remeber I hd done it long time ago during my teen age but I just couldnt figure out! Well, last week I as usual watching Nigella episode at Astro 703 channel. Yes..my wish come true. She was teachung the technique to make the cream that I want..Royal Icing!!!! Yes..yes..yes..

The next day, i experiment it. Wallah...

Recipe for Royal Icing

2 white eggs

175gm icing sugar

2 tble spoon lemon/lime juice

method: whisk the white eggs until its fully. Normally the volume become double. Then pour in the icing sugar. Beat it with high speed until it become smooth and a bit thicken. Then pour in lemon/ lime juice. Remember, place the icing when the cake is cold. Do not place it during the cake still warm because the icing will melt. You can also color the icing with food coloring up to your desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment