Friday, January 22, 2010

My Collection Part 5

Both cake I bake for my lil angel 1st bday, Amani Balqis. She turns to 1yr old on 24/11/2009. However, we did the celeb on 5/12/2009. Venue, our lovely home.

Her sis was so excited about all the baking cake activities. I drove her to the bake supplies shop. she did request and ask 1001 things..that was a good moment!


In the beginning, i had no idea what type/ flava to bake. But in my mine i had planned for some blueberry and lemon flava. After preparing all the required ingredient, I have decided to bake butter cake with blueberry filling and orang cake with chocolate lemon filling. FYI, I hv to bake 2 cakes since the eldest will get jealous if she doesnt hv.

It was hectic experience. Chaos in my kitchen. On top of the bday cake, I had also bake some cuppies..why I bake it..no answer for that. I think I just wanna make sure the party turns out with colourful dishes and food to be enjoy.

However, I couldn't figure out why my butter cream not up to my mark at that time. Something goes wrong with the ingredient but I just cant figure it out! It turns out quite sweet and my hubby's uncle did make a comment about it.

For info, each cake weight app around 3-3.5 kg. Well, eventhough quite tiring and my messy kitchen, I do really satisfied with the result. But, I need to polish my decorating skill.

Tips: To those that thinking using pebble chocolates for decoration (M&M/ Smarties), eventually M&M gv more vibrant color. But, is the melamine issue settle? I am not to sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment